Finesse – British Columbia, CA
We have an opening in our Vancouver office, on our Data Warehouse Team, for a 12 month, fixed term Java tools and backend developer.
The successful candidate will work with our Data and Software Architects to plan, design, code, test, debug, configure, and document tools and tech within our Data Warehouse, specifically involved in ETL. The software developed will run in the core of our Data Warehouse, processing millions of events per day from the games that we support.
The ideal candidate will be experienced working with the JVM and know how to write efficient and scalable software. A priority within Demonware is to focus on reusable code for faster delivery to end customers. The role will be focused on tools development (real-time parsing) and ETL algorithm optimization.
- Interfacing with Data Architects to develop tools and tech within our Data Warehouse, specifically involved in ETL
- Providing end-user support for the tools and APIs they are responsible for
- Working with our existing build pipeline for automated testing, packaging, and delivery of software
- Designing and developing data verifications and validation processes
- Assisting with the automation of development and production deployments
- Assisting with monitoring, job control and production support
- Performing second level support for production issues related to the ETL environment
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Fluent in Java and a firm understanding of the JVM.
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Must have initiative, and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Python/Scala/C++/C is a plus.
- Experience with continuous deployment tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, or Maven
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem, specifically Hive/Pig is desirable
- Experience with AWS or hosted applications is advantageous